Here at Prospect Research we have found a niche working with government and public sector organisations, providing them with business development, appointment setting, lead generation and market research services. Our work in this area is focused on promoting government programmes to businesses and conducting market research with them, helping your government or public sector organisation achieve its business development objectives.
Our structured and transparent way of conducting lead generation and market research enables us to provide you with a hassle-free process. This can also merge well with and enhance your own internal marketing methods.
Our government and public sector experience includes:
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI)
- Telemarketing campaigns targeting companies to discuss overseas trade and export. Arranging appointments for trade advisers to visit companies to discuss UKTI’s services
- Inviting attendees to seminars, conferences, events and trade missions
- Following up past leads and contacts
- Managing market research campaigns helping UKTI gain a better understanding of UK exporters
- Handling inbound web and phone enquiries from multi-channel advertising campaigns
UK Export Finance
- Telemarketing campaigns targeting companies to discuss overseas export finance and the government assistance available in this area
- Arranging appointments for export finance advisers to visit companies to discuss UK Export Finance services
A government backed service designed to help ambitious UK companies find new connections, new routes to investment, and new ideas and strategies needed to fulfil their potential and business development objectives.
- We manage telemarketing campaigns to arrange phone appointments for growth advisers to speak to target companies about the Growth Accelerator service
Department of Work & Pensions
- Lead generation for a programme administered by the DWP
- The campaign involved contacting employers to create up to 3,000 work opportunities for 18-24 year olds to get back to work
Education & Skills
We have worked with the employer engagement teams in over 60 universities, FE colleges and councils around the UK, helping them to achieve their business development goals. Our work here has covered a variety of areas:
Arranging appointments with employers who are interested in taking on an apprentice.
HEFCE funded qualifications
Promoting degree-level vocation-specific qualifications offered by HE institutions for employers, arranging appointments for training consultants to visit employers and discuss their learning and development requirements.
Market research and employer surveys
Conducting market research on behalf of universities to gather industry feedback regarding new courses they plan to develop. This includes e-surveys, telephone interviews and facilitating focus groups.
Services for University Enterprise & Commercial Divisions
As well as working with Employer Engagement departments in universities, we also work with other divisions that offer commercial services. Examples include software developed by University of Derby and publishing through Cambridge University Press.
4 reasons for our success with Public Sector clients
1. High calibre telemarketers
Our central ethos is to employ high calibre telemarketers who can engage with prospects and ask open ended questions to ensure that all relevant details are gathered.
2. Effective methodologies
We have developed effective methodologies including; engaging with decision makers, maintaining an effective campaign database and data pipeline, reporting, monitoring results and quality assurance. Our work with UKTI is an example where these methodologies have been transferred to multiple regions around the UK, achieving similar results each time.
3. Qualified appointments
We only close for an appointment after we have qualified there is a need for our client’s service, rather than ‘arm twisting’ a prospect with the promise of free government subsidies. This has a significant impact on our clients’ conversion rates for appointments.
4. Planning campaigns to achieve the best returns
Looking back over the telemarketing and lead generation campaigns we have conducted, the clients that have achieved the best returns have taken a scheduled approach and commissioned us to provide activity throughout the year. This has allowed their advisers to meet with a regular and manageable number of companies every month, enabling them to make steady progress towards hitting their objectives.
How can we help?
To find out more about how we can help you through our public sector business development, telemarketing, lead generation, appointment setting and market research services…